Our client is hiring a Health System Manager SRHR to join the team.
A suitable candidate should be a motivated and multi-skilled individual that meets the requirements of the role.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- In collaboration with the rest of the team and across the organisation, design and regularly revisit and review SRHR strategies, partners and pipeline to ensure it is outcome-focused, compelling and effective.
- Prepare and present high-quality analysis and research, as required, to support the sector in determining future strategic priorities and setting operational plans.
- Contribute to the production of program strategy and the associated evidence base, alongside other team members, prior to a proposal’s submission for approval.
- Lead, coordinate and collaborate on setting the future direction of strategic work on SRH self-care, systems change and health financing.
- Advancing the case for self-care in the contraception and safe abortion landscape, particularly through self-injectable contraceptives and medical abortion as self-managed care approaches which influence wider systems to change.
- Develop frameworks and priorities for SRHR systems financing in alignment with other health areas and sector priorities. Program development, delivery & performance.
- Led portfolio of investments on expanding and institutionalizing supportive self-care policy, systems change and partnerships across SRHR service delivery portfolio and country-level strategic engagement.
- Against key corporate and/or sector team indicators and targets, monitor and report internally on the performance of the assigned portfolio.
- Apply agreed due diligence and risk management protocols appropriately throughout the development and delivery of proposals and programs.
- Conduct structured feasibility analysis on investment proposals, using an appropriate range of methodologies and techniques.
- Prepare summary reports, board reports and portfolio investment reports.
- Co-ordinate the development of grant agreements, forecast and process grant payments and enable effective grant management and reporting within the organisation.
- Conduct regular reviews of the progress and performance of programs under delivery to identify problems and delays, and work with partners to develop effective solutions.
- Work as part of a team to shape and implement plans for scaling up, replicating or leveraging additional support for successful programs and initiatives, in accordance with priorities.
- Identify opportunities and options for improving processes, procedures and program management approaches within (and beyond) the team, to support increased organizational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Actively maintain the company's reputation as a valued partner for achieving transformational and sustainable change in SRHR self-care.
- Influence the wider SRHR sector to implement high-impact strategies for health sector change that improves service delivery, cost-effectiveness, quality, equity and gender-transformative outcomes.
- Be abreast of developments within the SRHR self-care, health systems and financing, and international development sectors, establishing appropriate information gathering networks and channels to deepen professional knowledge and skills.
- Act as the main relationship holder with key strategic health systems partners.
- Maintain relationships with other key funders in the sector.
- Act as external representative across advisory groups/boards/steering committees and/or donor collaboration mechanisms.
- Act as a liaison between key partnerships and programs enabling self-care/systems shifts, Policy & Narratives, and service delivery investments within SRH Choices and Safe Abortion.
- Conduct rigorous research and evaluation of potential partners, using agreed corporate protocols and techniques, to assess their suitability and credentials for collaborating.
- Working alongside senior colleagues, help to develop strategic partnerships to support adoption, replication, co-funding or scaling-up of program.
- With a variety of external audiences, develop and maintain strong partnerships and act as a knowledgeable resource about the company’s program and priority areas.
- Team leadership, being a role model to less experienced team members.
- Adopt a coaching approach with colleagues which instils a culture of openness and trust, embraces diverse thinking, and encourages continuous improvement and learning.
- Proven track record of successfully developing and managing complex programs that have addressed one or more of: Health financing for equity; health system reform; scaling innovations within health architecture.
- Demonstrable experience in analysis and due diligence; policy, planning and program delivery, including field experience, all within the development sector.
- Knowledge of the evidence bases pertaining to program design and implementation within health systems, financing and delivery, and belief in the importance of evidence-based decision-making.
- Strong working knowledge of impact measurement and program monitoring and evaluation.
- An innovative thinker with a pragmatic and solution-oriented mindset.
- Ability to analyse an organization’s strength of management, vision and adaptive capacity.
- Ability to recruit, guide, influence and/or advise management teams to effectively implement programs.
- Experience working within government systems and/or experience influencing the policies of government agencies, private sector organizations or donor organisations.
- Effectively champions and promotes causes – credible and professional, they always present the Foundation’s programs in a compelling way to engage the audience.
- Skilled in relationship building and strengthening; able to influence others and work collaboratively, uniting groups with a shared purpose.
- Excellent English in business language – we expect our people to display outstanding verbal and written communication skills across all aspects of their role.
- Capacity to work in a range of cultural and socio-economic contexts, adapting style and approach appropriately and in a culturally sensitive manner to maximize effectiveness.
- IT proficiency (specifically in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- A proven self-starter, who works with pace and resilience.