Our client is hiring a Warehouse Assistant to join the team.
A suitable candidate should be a motivated and multi-skilled individual that meets the requirements of the role.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- Assist with receiving, unloading, counting and stocking physical inventory in the warehouse.
- Open boxes, crates and other containers.
- Ensure orders are processed efficiently and that the delivery of materials meets customers’ expectations and business timelines.
- Inspect items to ensure they’re not damaged or faulty and adjust inventory accordingly.
- Pack items according to specified packing guidelines.
- Ship and fulfil customer orders in the inventory system, inputting appropriate tracking numbers and links.
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by keeping shelves, inventory space and work stations neat; sweep and vacuum.
- Organize warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wear the proper safety equipment if needed.
- Order new supplies in a timely manner, including pre-paid shipping packaging, stationary, tissue paper, boxes, etc.
- Constantly work to improve processes.
- Make suggestions for productivity improvements.
- Communicate and collaborate with other team members.
- Train and guide new warehouse workers.
- Perform stock takes bi-annually on all products in the warehouse.
- Monitor and maintain stock accuracy by ensuring physical stock is in line with the inventory management system and ensure all stock movements are recorded to ensure accuracy.
- Liaise with customers, suppliers and transport companies as and when required in a timely manner.
- Ability to maintain records, logs and reports.
- Ability to maintain the cleanliness of the warehouse.
- Ability to effectively express ideas orally and in writing.
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Experience in a similar role.