Our client is hiring a Physician Radiologist to join the team.
A suitable candidate should be a motivated and multi-skilled individual that meets the requirements of the role.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- Provide specialist clinical radiology services for the Department of Radiology with particular regard to service provision in women, pediatric and neonatal imaging for patients and medical research.
- Provide educational support in radiology to junior medical and other staff.
- Perform and provide interpretation of diagnostic radiologic imaging examinations, and provide diagnostic consultation related to diagnostic imaging to other members of the medical staff.
- Examinations, procedures, and studies performed will include the full range of diagnostic work that would be performed by an appropriately credentialed diagnostic radiologist.
- Routine studies such as plain film interpretation, the normal range of fluoroscopic examinations and common imaging procedures, and the interpretation of MRI, CT scans, and ultrasound are required.
- Prepare all records and reports as may be required in support of services rendered and as required.
- Responsible for clinical services provided in the area during the assigned time frame.
- Provide advice and opinions in support of diagnostic interpretations of radiological examinations and procedures as provided in conjunction with patient care.
- Read STAT and emergency diagnostic imaging studies and provide verbal/written results of critical values to clinical staff as directed by the facility policy.
- Develop, assist and/or participate in medical research/academic projects.
- Provide quality services as demonstrated by the accuracy of diagnoses and compliance with local legislation and ACR Documentation Standard.
- Work cooperatively with other members of department to ensure that a high standard of patient care services is maintained.
- Facilitate patient access to medical care by recommending appropriate referrals to other health care providers in accordance with policies and regulations of the facility.
- Ensure quality improvement programs and competency assessment initiatives for the Department of Radiology are followed by the radiology patient care team.
- Assist with orientation for new Radiologists.
- Participate in professional local, regional and/or national organizations and meetings.
- Observes and implements departmental and applicable organizational policies, procedures, regulations and information to the radiology patient care team.
- Medical Degree (MD, MBBS, MBBCH).
- Completion of a residency program with speciality experience or training in Radiology.
- Experience post-certification/residency in Diagnostic Imaging in the relevant field.
- Valid professional License.
- Eligible for licensure as a Radiologist in the State of Qatar.
- Ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Able to represent the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Able to communicate the mission, ethics and goals of the facility, and maintains patient confidentiality at all time.
- Experience at a dedicated paediatric or women’s medical imaging facility.
- Knowledge and clinical experience in paediatric or women’s imaging.
- Knowledge in the interpretation of specialized exams such as mammography and fetal.