Our client is hiring an Accountant- French Speaking to join the team.
A suitable candidate should be a motivated and multi-skilled individual that meets the requirements of the role.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
- Represent UK Shared Financial Services locally/internationally by being the primary point of contact for respective company(s) of responsibility
- Ensure that all Company financial transactions, assets and liabilities are accurately recorded and properly accounted for
- Keep constantly up to date with all latest developments in accounting standards and guidelines
- Own the month-end close of the financial ledgers for respective company(s) of responsibility
- Primary responsibility for journal preparation for all routine accruals/prepayments and other financial entries and maintain appropriate supporting documentation
- Identify opportunities for continued work intake and work closely with the local teams to facilitate the intake of tasks into UK Shared Financial Services
- Perform SAP month-end closing activities (period-close, revaluations etc.)
- Complete, review and comment on of the monthly Balance Sheet Account Reconciliation Pack
- Lead quarterly Balance Sheet Review meetings with local management
- Contribute to the preparation of/and participate in - quarterly Operational Review meetings with local management
- Support activities relating to fiscal/legal obligations - VAT, Corporation Tax, National Statistics Returns etc. as required
- Act as primary process owner for any nominated financial processes as required which may extend beyond respective company(s) of responsibility
- Complete financial consolidation and other reporting activities as required to achieve Group deadlines
- Perform payroll reconciliation activities and subsequent submissions as required
- Provide external auditors with information and explanations relating to the financial accounts as requested
- Assist in ensuring that an adequate and efficient system of internal controls is in place, which is in compliance with the appropriate financial control standards and Group Internal Control policies
- Develop, Review and approve SOPs/ Work Instructions for company(s) and processes of primary responsibility
- Evolve processes over time by identifying opportunities for increased efficiency and control
- Provide back-up to other Shared services teams and processes as required
- Perform Ad Hoc project work as required
WORKS WITHIN GMP/EHS REQUIREMENTS
- To perform assigned tasks whilst adhering to current GMP requirements at all times.
- Report any compliance concerns to your line-manager or Quality Assurance Compliance
- To work in a safe manner at all times, and raise any Health and Safety concerns to your line-manager or the EHS team
- Do not perform any tasks you are not trained to complete.
- Ensure all training is kept up to date and documented by adhering to training plan requirements.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & ABILITIES
- Qualified Accountant with experience of commercial Accounting in the Pharmaceutical sector.
- Experience working within International Shared Service Centres
- French speaking
KEY TECHNICAL COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Continuous improvement experience and mindset
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- High level of competency in SAP (ideal) and Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
You can also use your social account to sign in. First you need to: