Our client is hiring Fund Operations to join the team.
A suitable candidate should be a motivated and multi-skilled individual that meets the requirements of the role.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- Aid management in the creation of the Client and Fund Onboarding function within the team.
- Manage operational onboarding pipeline and processes for new clients and new investment arrangements.
- Create a framework defining the proposed pathways to manage the variations in the onboarding experience.
- Work with custodian banks to open the range of accounts and links required.
- Work with operations teams to administer the investment steps needed to support occasional asset take-on/transition as per any new business.
- Assist Client service, Sales and Investment teams on post-go-live trade issues.
- Production of MIS for management consumption.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Governance framework to monitor and evaluate major TPA including State Street.
- Build and strengthen cross-locational team relationships by actively collaborating with team members and participating in weekly team meetings.
- Cross-train with AML/KYC expert and act as assistance/cover as required.
- Develop and implement effective and efficient controls policies and processes that are consistent with best practices.
- Process regular procedure reviews and updates.
- Liaise directly with internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify opportunities to reduce risk and increase the scalability of existing processes through controls, procedures and technology enhancements
- Undergraduate degree; preferably in accounting, finance or business.
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA).
- Fund or Investment Operations experience gained in a wealth or fund management environment.
- Knowledge of Hedge Fund, PI, and PE investment terms is required.
- Strong technical fund and related investment expertise.
- Able to take ownership and responsibility, make effective decisions and lead by example.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized, analytical and with exceptional attention to detail.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of the financial service’s regulatory environment, with a particular focus on asset management and investment funds governance.
- Client-centric, with a desire to meet the needs of the business.
- Displays the highest standards of personal honesty and integrity.
- Proactive, with a flexible approach to balancing workload and conflicting priorities.
- Excellent MS Excel and Word skills are required
- Experience in retail would be advantage.