Our client is hiring a Lead Nurse to join the team.
A suitable candidate should be a motivated and multi-skilled individual that meets the requirements of the role.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- Provide full occupational health remit, pre-employment medicals/assessments, including case management, health surveillance, health screening and fitness for work.
- Providing leadership and line management responsibility for 1x Occupational Health Advisor, managing the caseload amongst the team.
- Deliver/support health and wellbeing initiatives and campaigns including; safe use of medical sharps, skin care and dermatitis, mental health and flu campaigns.
- As a subject matter expert, you will build key partnerships with clinical and non-clinical teams, internal stakeholders, employees, as well as external partners to keep people healthy and at work.
- Assess, plan, initiate and advise on an employee’s fitness to work in a timely manner of referral, as well as provide advice to managers about sickness absence management.
- Create and/or update policies, procedures and processes owned by OH, as well as administration and tracking of vaccinations.
- Liaise with multiple departments across the hospital, both clinical and non-clinical, building effective relationships with people at all levels. You will also work with external partners.
- Registered Nurse with valid NMC registration.
- Occupational Health qualification with a Bachelor’s degree in Nursing or certificate of higher education.
- Ability to speak and write in English.
- Post-registration experience working as an Occupational Health Nurse with experience of operating at a senior level, setting the strategy for an Occupational Health service.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to work autonomously, as well as prioritise workload in a complex environment.
- Strong IT skills, with excellent relationship-building skills, and the ability to work well under pressure, ensuring a high quality, safe, effective and responsive service.
- Occupational Health nursing experience in a large organisation would be an advantage.