Our client is hiring a Care Assistant to join the team.
A suitable candidate should be a motivated and multi-skilled individual that meets the requirements of the role.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- Personal care: Assist with personal hygiene, washing assistance with using the toilet, assistance with incontinence inc. pads, commodes and catheter bags.
- Support with eating and drinking: Ensuring that clients are encouraged to eat a healthy, balanced diet and the correct quantities, prepared meals look appetising and make sure the way they eat is appropriate for the client.
- Assisting with shopping: This is completed at the client’s request and a finance form must be completed with a receipt.
- Assist with mobility: Use of a hoist or other aides, or assistance in standing and movement. Dressing or assisting with any physical activity whereby the client needs support.
- Domestic duties: Cleaning, emptying bins, washing where requested.
- Record keeping: MAR chart (for medication), log book (recording each visit to communicate to the next carer), care plan updates.
- Good Maths and English skills.
- BTEC or NVQ healthcare qualification.
- Interpersonal skills, including empathy and an ability to build positive relationships.
- Ability to follow treatment plans.
- Willingness to help clients maintain hygiene standards.
- A practical solution focussed approach to problem-solving.
- An understanding of equality, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to work flexibly and in a busy environment.
- Ability to prioritise workload.
- Experience working with vulnerable adults.