Our client is hiring a Band 5 Staff Nurse to join the team.
A suitable candidate should be a motivated and multi-skilled individual that meets the requirements of the role.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- Plan the delivery of patient care and take responsibility for implementing and evaluating that care, using an appropriate nursing model.
- To provide advice and education to patients, staff and learners within the directorate as required.
- To develop communication networks across specialities and throughout the multidisciplinary team.
- Be able to prioritise their own workload and those working with them such as learners and Healthcare Assistants.
- When in charge of the ward know how to delegate what staff to what duties and ensure the smooth running of the ward.
- Know how to impart news of a distressing nature to patients and relatives. This will include passing on news of a patient’s death or helping a patient/relative understand a diagnosis such as cancer.
- Carry out nursing care to the highest possible standard according to Trust Policies and Practice and Clinical Guidelines. This requires a thorough understanding of policies and guidance related to for example infection control, hygiene and individualised patient needs.
- To administer patient medication according to Trust Policy, including the administration of intravenous medication.
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of nursing and will be able to care for a patient from admission to discharge.
- Have the ENB 998 or a pass in the Teaching and Mentoring course or be willing to undertake it.
- Mentor learners and ensure that they receive the best possible experience from their learning placement.
- Accountable as guided by the NMC code of conduct and make sure that PREP requirements are met.
- Know what the Essence of Care is and how it affects patient care and needs.
- Know how to deal with people with challenging behaviour and when to call for assistance when needed.
- Liaise with the bed manager and discharge coordinator to ensure effective bed management on the ward, including admission of patients, planning of bed usage and timely discharge planning.
Ensure that all equipment is maintained and any faults are immediately reported.