Our client is hiring a Cardiac Surgeon to join the team.
A suitable candidate should be a motivated and multi-skilled individual that meets the requirements of the role.
DUTIES TO INCLUDE
- Additional involvement in academic and quality improvement projects.
- Coordinates and facilitates direct delivery of patient and family care within a multidisciplinary framework primarily in an inpatient care setting, to ensure a patient/family-focused and service-oriented environment that is in accordance with Evidenced Based and Best Practice standards.
- Under the supervision of the Consultation Surgeon, assesses and identifies the health needs of the patient population and plans, implements, and evaluates interventions appropriate to meet those needs in accordance with organizational standards and accreditation requirements.
- Collaborates with the multidisciplinary health care team to devise treatment plans based on patient/family needs to ensure the delivery of high-quality and evidence-based services that are sufficient, efficient and responsive, and designed to meet the identified patient/family care needs and organizational outcomes.
- Contributes to ensuring that clinical practices within the Division of Cardiovascular Surgery are in compliance with all applicable standards and requirements of the Joint Commission International, Ministry of Public Health, and all other applicable regulatory bodies.
- Provides counselling and anticipatory guidance to patients and families regarding physical, psychosocial and developmental needs.
- Facilitates effective inter and intradepartmental communication between patient, family, community and interdisciplinary team members for collaboration, liaison, networking and teamwork to ensure the maintenance of strong and professional relationships.
- Elicits, performs and records the history of physical examinations on assigned patients.
- Develops a differential diagnosis for the presenting problem and implements a plan for management.
- Develops and performs necessary diagnostic and therapeutic procedures per standardized protocols.
- Collaborates with Case Management and Discharge Planning teams to plan and facilitate the continuity of comprehensive care of specialty patient populations from the hospital, home and outpatient setting.
- Models an understanding, appreciation and respect for an inclusive workplace environment that respects differences and diversity.
- Identifies and facilitates resolution of challenges and problems when appropriate to improve Division cohesiveness and patient satisfaction.
- Assists in the promotion of a safe working environment inclusive of cultural competence and continuous learning, development and growth.
- Participates in the Quality and Performance Improvement activities through regular chart review, targeted CQI activities, and the systematic and detailed review and evaluation of patient outcome data.
- Provides effective and timely record keeping and documentation.
- Maintains knowledge of current research and incorporates findings into clinical practice.
- Actively participates in clinical research projects as directed.
- Actively participates in clinical management consensus development.
- Promotes and assists in physician community outreach programs as appropriate.
- Is active in professional organizations and maintains Medical License.
- Experience: Minimum completion of Residency program.
- Valid professional License in the country of origin or country of practice in the specialty area.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite.
- Fluency in written and spoken English Confident proactive approach when dealing with a customer-facing environment.
- Emotional resilience, a calm temperament and the ability to work well under pressure.
- A high degree of manual dexterity.
- Superb hand-eye coordination, excellent vision, and visuospatial awareness.
- Physical stamina to cope with the demands of surgery.